Jan 14, 2011

Valentine's Day - Handmade pendants and a little humor!




A little Valentine's Day humor...

My boyfriend and I met online and we'd been dating for over a year. I introduced Hans to my uncle, who was fascinated by the fact that we met over the Internet. He asked Hans what kind of line he had used to pick me up. Ever the geek, Hans naively replied, "I just used a regular 56K modem."
-- Contributed by Anne McConnell  @ ~rd.com
Every Valentine's Day our campus newspaper has a section for student messages. Last year my roommate surprised his girlfriend with roses and dinner at a fancy restaurant. When they returned from their date, she leafed through the paper to see if he had written a note to her. Near the bottom of one page she found: "Bonnie -- What are you looking here for? Aren't dinner and flowers enough? Love, Scott."
-- Contributed by Richard B. Blackwell @
~rd.com

Top 5 Valentine (Or Love / Marriage) Quotes
  1. "The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the single wish to be married, and the married wish to be dead." ~Ann Landers
  2. "I recently read that love is entirely a matter of chemistry. That must be why my wife treats me like toxic waste." ~David Bissonnette
  3. "It's better to have loved and lost than to do forty pounds of laundry a week." ~Laurence J. Peter
  4. "Women are cursed, and men are the proof." ~Rosanne Barr
  5. "Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and give her a house." ~Groucho Marx


A young woman was taking an afternoon nap. After she woke up, she told her husband, "I just dreamed that you gave me a pearl necklace for Valentine's day. What do you think it means?"

"You'll know tonight," he said.
That evening, the man came home with a small package and gave it to his wife. Delighted, she opened it--only to find a book entitled "The meaning of dreams".


A couple drove down a country road for several miles, not saying a word. An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither of them wanted to concede their position. As they passed a barnyard of mules, goats and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically, "Relatives of yours?" "Yep," the wife replied, "in-laws."

Here is a little poem I wrote about love...


MY LOVE RESILIENT
At times my love stands lonely
Yet love outlives a lonely night
At times my love cries out “if only”
Yet love can see what’s not in sight

At times my love stands wounded
Yet love outlives a time of pain
At times my love will stand defeated
Yet love returns to love again

It runs the gamut of emotion
From peaceful joy to agony
Yet love out lives the very notion
That love could never live in me
~N. Gonzalez



Copyright Qulaity Cords 2010 all rights reserved.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...